Love it or hate it, there is no escaping the fact that St Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Newly loved up couples will grab the opportunity to bask in the joy of early romance, packing the day with multitudes of romantic gestures. For those involved in more-longstanding relationships (otherwise known as ‘old married folk’), it provides a reminder to show a little appreciation and perhaps adds a little spark to the month. For Singletons, do not despair, show yourself some Love with a special treat or night out with friends.
The most romantic Valentine gestures do not have to be costly or time-consuming to organise. Simple gestures are often the most remembered and can make a bigger statement. In our busy day-to-day lives the gift of time or thoughtfulness is often the most appreciated.
Hoping to inspire a little romance , the Maggy Kay team have come up with a list of our favourite romantic gestures - none of which require a credit card!
1. Organise a floor picnic (unless your Love is super hot - it’s still way too cold to go outside). Buy your partner’s favourite foods, light the fire and some candles, pop a blanket on the floor and open a bottle of your favourite wine – perfect romantic cosiness.
2. Wrap up warm and go for a moonlit walk – don’t forget to hold hands.
3. Pop a little love note on their steering wheel and send them to work smiling.
4. Stop by their workplace with their favourite coffee or cake (only appropriate if you have a day off, or have a super romantic boss!)
5. Get up early and make them a cup of tea to enjoy in bed before the chaos of the day begins.
6. Brighten their day by sending a romantic text message to them at work (content entirely up to you!)
7. Re-visit the place you first met.
8. Share a bowl of spaghetti – Lady and the Tramp Style!
9. Find his/her all time favourite movie and snuggle up on the sofa to watch it together.
10. Still stuck for an idea? Check out our VALENTINE SPECIAL and we will deliver this beautiful little set right to your loved one’s front door.